Articles on this Page
- 05/09/18--02:11: _SASA Winter Worksho...
- 05/09/18--02:26: _May Members’ Meetin...
- 06/07/18--00:52: _Saturday Life Drawi...
- 06/07/18--01:00: _28 June Members’ Me...
- 06/07/18--01:07: _Winter Workshop Wit...
- 08/17/18--06:39: _112th Annual SASA E...
- 08/17/18--06:57: _Silk Painting Works...
- 09/20/18--09:54: _Thursday 27 Septemb...
- 10/08/18--05:31: _Wed 31 October – Ga...
- 10/08/18--05:35: _Friday 26 October P...
- 10/08/18--05:42: _October Members’ Me...
- 11/08/18--17:18: _Art In The Park
- 11/08/18--17:22: _November SASA Month...
- 11/08/18--17:27: _Plein Air Outing to...
- 05/09/18--02:11: SASA Winter Workshop with Gabriella Kaplan
- 05/09/18--02:26: May Members’ Meeting – Demo With Mel Elliot
- 06/07/18--00:52: Saturday Life Drawing in Newlands Scout Hall
- 06/07/18--01:00: 28 June Members’ Meeting
- 06/07/18--01:07: Winter Workshop With Tony Durrheim
- 08/17/18--06:39: 112th Annual SASA Exhibition
- 08/17/18--06:57: Silk Painting Workshop With Maré Bruwer
- 09/20/18--09:54: Thursday 27 September Harry Johnson Sculpture Demo
- 10/08/18--05:31: Wed 31 October – Gallery tour with Angela Zehnder
- 10/08/18--05:35: Friday 26 October Plein Air Outing to Buitenverwachting
- 10/08/18--05:42: October Members’ Meeting – Sonja Frenz Demo
- 11/08/18--17:18: Art In The Park
- 11/08/18--17:22: November SASA Monthly Meeting
- 11/08/18--17:27: Plein Air Outing to Chart Farm
On Saturday 26 May, contemporary artist, Gabriella Kaplan, will be giving a workshop using a multitude of mixed media. The workshop will be held at the Peter Clarke (formerly Frank Joubert) Art Centre. Please see the SASA newsletter for more details.
Mel Elliot will be giving us a demo at the SASA meeting on 31 May, showing us how he creates his magnificent landscapes in oils.
We have four more life drawing sessions on Saturday mornings in June at the Newlands Scout Hall. See the June SASA newsletter for more details.
At the SASA members’ meeting on Thursday 28 June our guest speaker will be Angela Zehnder, who will be giving a talk on restoration of art in South Africa. If you’re at all interested in the history of painting, this is not to be missed!
Tony Durrheim, expert in painting water in all its forms, will be giving a workshop at the Peter Clarke Art Centre in Newlands on 21 July, using acrylics and oils. For more info, please see the June SASA newsletter.
On Friday 24 August, at 18:30, the opening of the 112th prestigious SASA Annual Exhibition will be held at the Richard Crowie Hall, Kirstenbosch. The opening address will be delivered by Virginia MacKenny, associate professor of painting at the UCT Michaelis School of Fine Art. The exhibition will be open between 09:30 and 17:30 daily […]
On Saturday 8 September, Maré Bruwer will be giving a Silk Painting workshop at the Peter Clarke Art Centre in Newlands. For more details see this month’s news letter. If you’re interested in attending, email Liz Pearson at email@example.com
At the SASA September members’ meeting, we have great pleasure in welcoming as our guest, Harry Johnson, master sculptor. He will be demonstrating his exciting sculpture technique. Get there if you possibly can!
The post Thursday 27 September Harry Johnson Sculpture Demo appeared first on South African Society of Artists.
Angela will be giving us a guided tour of the painting storage area, as well as the conservation and restoration areas of the SA National Gallery. See the latest SASA newsletter for details.
For the first SASA plein air outing of the season, Johan Pieterse has organised a visit to the Buitenverwachting Wine Estate. See the latest SASA newsletter for details.
The post Friday 26 October Plein Air Outing to Buitenverwachting appeared first on South African Society of Artists.
On Thursday 25 October, Sonja Frenz will be giving us a demo in charcoal. She will show us how she adapts her unique technique, used in her beautiful black and white wooded scenes, to portraits. Please see the latest SASA newsletter for details.
On Saturday 24 November we will be in Rondebosch Park for the second “Art in the Park” for 2018. We’re looking forward to a great turn-out for a fun-filled day! See November newsletter for details.
On Thursday 29 November, at the last members’ meeting for 2018 we will, as is traditional, be holding the Eleanor Palmer competition and end of year function. We hope to see you all there. See latest newsletter for details.